Thursday, December 5, 2013

Possible homosexual undertones?

As I finished The Grey Woman, I could not help but feel a romantic air between Anna and Amante.  Though this may be mainly because of the situation they were in and they had to basically rely on each other in order to live.  But still, for some reason, in the scene where Anna and Amante are in the miller's house (323) and creating disguises for themselves, I see it as a very intimate moment.  And especially so because they go on to act as husband and wife.  Although there is no real evidence supporting my claim, I was wondering if anyone else got this vibe other than myself.

1 comment:

Lauren Barker said...

I definitely had similar feelings about this, especially in terms of Amante. I think for the most part it is their situation and doing everything to survive, but the amount of devotion Amante shows in taking care of Anna seemed like she could possibly have romantic feelings for her.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.