Bertha is a very cunning character in the text; however, she does not really attempt to conceal her manipulative abilities. I think it is logical that Latimer is curious about her. I also think that it would be very interesting to read this story through her point of view, as her motives for all of her actions would be revealed.
2 comments:
I totally agree. I think it would be more intriguing and in some ways more shocking than the story we get from Latimer's point of view. I'd also like to know more about Mrs. Archer's role in the story, and we would gain more insight into this if it were told from Bertha's perspective.
I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I like the fact that Bertha's motives remain a secret from the reader, maybe in the same vein that Latimer is fascinated by the fact that she is a secret, as we are only left to guess or to imagine as to why she decides to try and kill him in the end of the story.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.