I was always told never to bring up two topics: religion and politics. I never much paid attention to that. Neither did Dr. Jekyll. I came across a passage saying: "In this case, I was driven to reflect deeply and inveterately in that hard law of life, which lies at the root of religion and is one of the most plentiful springs of distress" ( pg 63). I find it interesting that Jekyll things that good and evil are the root of religion. If anything, isn't religion about defining what IS good and evil. Rather it is about trying to find the right SOLUTION to the evil in the world, and figuring out WHY there is evil in the world. What can I as a Catholic do? What can I as a Hindu do? What Can I as a pagan do? No one ENJOYS evil. Some do. They are called sociopaths and psychopaths, and they go against what is in human nature arguably.
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.